Saturday, October 3, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 10/02/15: New Glasses, Check Engine Light, A Sampler Session

1. I braved the wind and the rain of living on the edge of Hurricane Joaquin and drove to Costco to pick up the new pair of glasses awaiting me.

2.  The Deke had a professional development day and was finished at 2:30. I picked her up at Greenbelt Middle School and the Check Engine light came on. Suddenly, I remembered that the last fill up I purchased was in New Jersey, where, like in Oregon, I couldn't pump my own gas. "Hmmm," I thought, "I'll bet the gas pumper didn't put the gas tank lid on tight," remembering back to 2004 when the Sube's Check Engine light came on for the same reason.  We got home, I tightened the lid, and on our way to Quench and dinner at the Diazes, the Check Engine light went off.

3. The Deke and I drop in for some beer about twice or three times a week now at the Quench Tap Room.  Today, Quench had four different IPAs (and Imperial IPAs) on tap, from Maryland, Vermont, and Belgium and I drank a sampler (4 oz) of each and then enjoyed an Imperial Pilsner from Breckenridge and closed with the beer Union Brewing brewed in honor of Cal Ripken, the Broken Record, a Belgiany Pale Ale.  A great finish.  These samplers, for me, are the way to go.  I love variety in beer and drinking six of them is just a pint and a half.  The Deke and I had a gold medal conversation -- we are back to trying to figure out the future again! It was a perfect tap room session.

No comments: