Monday, October 19, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 10/18/15: Back on the Road, Meatball Slider, Home Again

1.  The Deke and I got our things together, stopped in at Nyack's Gypsy Donuts to grab cups of coffee to go, and hit the road -- the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, and on south on I-95. Our first destination was the Diaz house to pick up the corgis and then on to our home sweet apartment home in Greenbelt.

2. The Diazes were not quite home yet from a pumpkin farm and lunch outing, so the Deke and I bellied up to the bar at the Quench tap room.  I had never tried their food before and enjoyed my meatball sliders -- the meatballs were delicious as was the marinara sauce they had been
cooked in, making for a unique slider -- I'd never even heard of a meatball slider before today -- let alone eat one.

3. Once home, we put the heat on, disabled a chirping smoke detector, and settled into catching up on things we hadn't been able to do while on our trip to Nyack.  The Deke worked on school stuff and I edited pictures and made posts on my blog and on flickr.  We made one last stand against the sudden cold weather by heating up the green curry left over from Thursday and enjoying how it helped warm us up.

No comments: