Monday, October 5, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 10/03/15: David and Olivia Play, Perfect Chicken Dinner, Unicorns and Rainbows

1. This morning, after spending the night with us, yes, once in a while a spat broke out, but I marveled at how quietly and peacefully David and Olivia played in the back bedroom.They weren't necessarily playing with toys or anything together. David did his thing. Olivia did hers. They both went into worlds of their imagination. And they were quiet and peaceful.

2. Hiram and Molly teamed up to make a perfect roasted chicken, loaded mashed potato, and cooked carrot/onion/celery dinner with hard crusted bread. They invited the Deke and me to join them.  What a great meal.

3. Olivia said she didn't like cooked carrots and I told her that when I was a boy, the first time I discovered I liked cooked carrots and ate them, the room filled with unicorns and rainbows. This began a session between me and Olivia and David about the sweet nature of unicorns.  Olivia remained firm: she doesn't believe in unicorns. I think her day will come.

No comments: