Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 10/05/15: Stroll at the National Arboretum, Fresh Air, Beans and Rice for the Deke

1. The rain and steely clouds vanished. The temperatures were in the high sixties and low seventies. It was a perfect day to drive down to the National Arboretum and walk among the gardens located near the visitors' center. I have reviewed my pictures once and before I decide whether to make any of them public, beyond posting them to my Flickr page, I need to examine them some more.

2. Our apartment home benefited from opening the sliding doors and letting the cool October air refresh it, especially after I crated the protesting Corgis and vacuumed our main living areas.  To the Corgis, the vacuum cleaner is a roaring monster to be feared, barked fiercely at, and attacked.

3. The Deke requested beans and rice for dinner tonight, so I cooked a pot of rice and got out the electric frying pan and sauteed onion, chopped red and orange bell peppers, garlic and poured in black beans, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, red wine, Frank's RedHot, and brown sugar and poured this mixture over the rice.  I grated Parmesan cheese over mine. I'm not sure how the Deke enhanced her bowl, but I do know she was very happy to have her dinner request fulfilled.

No comments: