Saturday, October 31, 2015

Three Beautiful Things 10/30/15: I-Wait at the Apple Store, Getting Nothing Done!, Soup Bar Success

1. Allison arrived safely and on time this morning at Baltimore Washington Thurgood Marshall International Airport and we immediately set off for Columbia, MD to see about getting her shattered I-phone repaired/replaced. This turned into an I-Wait as Allison found out at the Apple Store that she needed an appointment to talk with a technician and the only available appointment would mean waiting in the mall for two hours. And so we waited. We headed down to the food court and had a great conversation we never would have had if Allison could have seen a tech right away.  So, Allison has an unshattered I-phone and we know each other better.

2. The I-Wait set my day back about three hours, so I didn't get our apartment home vacuumed or the green curry soup repaired and, after I dropped Allison off at Hiram and Molly's and quickly said hello to Adrienne and Alex, I got stuck in a Capital Beltway traffic crawl.  Ha! But, I got the dogs fed and picked up the Deke from school and we came back to our apartment home and rested up before heading over to chez Diaz.

3. For the evening at chez Diaz, I had made a sweet potato cauliflower soup, a Tuscan chicken soup, and a vegetable beef soup and these soups combined to form a soup bar.  I know I had a blast spending a couple of days getting this soup bar prepared and it made me very happy that people found it so enjoyable. (And we have plenty of left over soup!)

No comments: