Thursday, November 17, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 11/16/16: Mom's Slow Day, Lunch and a Tour with Byrdman, Too Much Booker T and the MGs (Green Onions)

1. Mom slept a lot in her chair today. I don't know enough to pinpoint why she was so tired, but when I suggested that she might be tired from the full day we had on Tuesday, she vehemently denied it.

2. Byrdman drove over from CdA and we went to Best Shots for lunch and in this time of national transition of power, we pretty much figured out everything -- it's good to know these things are pretty easy to figure out over a couple of beers and a sandwich, sitting in the old Kopper Keg.  It also helped us to think clearly about current events to tour the city of Wardner and take note of what houses our Wardner friends used to live in and remember the good old days of the Wardner Store, the Wardner Tavern, and Wardner Elementary School. Byrdman was born and raised in Wardner and brought valuable expertise to our tour. Then, as we cruised Main Street in Kellogg, we both wondered when the handsome looking Radio Brewery was going to open and if we might have a chance to sample their beers before I return to Maryland.

3.  I fixed a scallop dinner for Mom and me that consisted of sauteed onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and scallops over rice cooked in chicken broth, topped with crisp chopped bacon and chopped green onions. Mom seemed pretty pleased with this dinner, but I thought the green onions were a bit too strong and took over the dish. I made a mental note to leave them out if I cook this recipe again.

No comments: