Sunday, October 31, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 10/30/10: Ducks and Giants, Iron, Birthday Party

1.  In the word of athletic competition, it was a mixed day:  I am happy that the Ducks defeated USC 53-32, but the Giants dropped game three of the World Series, 4-2.  The Rangers seemed much more comfortable at home and profited mightily from a three-run home run by their ninth place hitter, former Spokane Indian, Mitch Moreland. 

2.  I bought an iron at Fred Meyer and wondered if I'd ever bought an iron before. 

3.  Allie, son of Russell and Anne,  turned three earlier this week and his birthday party was today.  The Deke, Molly, Olivia, and I went.  While I had a good time talking with adult friends, the real action was close to floor with nine kids, Olivia the youngest and a first grader the oldest, having a great time playing with toys, fishing in Russell's ocean, eating cake, doing the stuff kids love to do.  My life as a grandpa keeps moving along.

No comments: