Saturday, October 2, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 09/28/10: Students Understand, Follow the Money, Molly and Olivia Are Safe

1.  I'm grateful that students are understanding and can laugh at me when I screw things up.  Every class, every quarter, it seems like I mess up something on the course calendar, or say the wrong day for when something is due, and I did it again today in WR 121, right off the bat in our first meeting, and my students got a kick out of it.

2.  Lester Freamon is so right:  "You follow drugs, you get drug addicts and drug dealers. But you start to follow the money... and you don't know where the *&%* it is going to take you."  Whether it's Watergate, Lane Community College, the Episcopal Church, the life of a family, anything, you start to follow the money --  well, you don't know where it is going to take you.  Everything is "The Wire".

3.  Molly and Olivia arrived in Texas safely and are gearing up to be reunited for a short time with Hiram. 

No comments: