Monday, December 20, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 11/18/10: Students Teaching the Teacher, Olivia's Charms, Texistentialism

1.  I had a great morning of student conferences and I hope my students learned a little about writing from me. From them I learned about struggles, adventures, courage, persistence, determination, stamina, and experiences in life far, far  beyond my own.

2.  Billy Mac's was abuzz with customers and a huge party of people took over the part of the restaurant my friends and I usually sit in.  I was mildly resentful of them until, toward the end of the night, they became enchanted with my granddaughter, Olivia, and all stopped their conversations and dining to wave and say good by to her as she and Molly left the restaurant.

3.  I gave myself a little concert at YouTube of the Flatlanders and a couple of songs my Jimmie Dale Gilmore.  Sublime.

No comments: