Friday, December 31, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 12/30/10 : Breakfast at The Cooler, Composition, Nifty Dinner

1.  After a successful blood draw at Oregon Medical Group, I dropped into The Cooler for a patty of sausage, two eggs, hash browns, coffee, and sourdough toast.  I read the Register Guard.  For a while, only two customers were there.  I was and so was Kevin, a guy who walked in with sunglasses on, never took them off, and, who, in the time it took me to eat my breakfast,  downed two 16 ounce cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.  He told the woman working The Cooler about spending Christmas alone.  He didn't seem anywhere close to stopping his beer consumption when I left.  The Cooler stereo played great music:  Chicago, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, to mention a few.

2.  I learned more about photographic composition today and then went outside and tried to put these principles to work with my new D3100.  I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was fun to try things out and get an even deeper sense of how this camera is challenging me. 

3.  The Deke took it upon herself to venture out into the cold darkness of the late afternoon to rustle up some grub and returned with a you-bake pizza from Albertson's and a bag of Caesar salad.  Smiles broke out throughout the house and we had ourselves a nifty dinner. 

No comments: