Sunday, December 12, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 12/09/10: Students Improving, Good Burger, Good Luck

1.  At coffee yesterday afternoon, I had quietly, calmly expressed doubts about whether I'd been very effective as a writing instructor this past quarter.  Reading more essays today, these doubts lifted, quite a bit.  Yes, a few of my students didn't really come along very well, but so many did, as I saw more clearly today.

2.  I had never ordered a hamburger with bacon and blue cheese at Billy Mac's before and I don't know what inspired me, but it was the perfect dinner to enjoy while having fun conversation with my good friends.

3.  Pam and I have gotten into the habit of pushing a few shekels into the state-run video slot machines at Billy Mac's to close out the night.  I shoved in ten bucks and took home twenty-one, my best luck by far in the Billy Mac's gambling boutique. 

No comments: