Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Three Beautiful Things 12/20/10: Iron Butterfly Morning, Wandering-Imagining, Hot Wings

1.  It was an "In A Gadda Da Vida" morning.  I got the dishwasher unloaded before the drum solo. Primo.

2.  I shopped at the North Eugene Market of Choice and wandered up and down the aisles, slowly imagining dinner possibilites.

3.  I hadn't fixed Hot Wings since November 9, to help sustain Anne, Russell, and me through the World Series of Poker final nine.  Tonight it was time again, in part to please Molly and the Deke, and, in part, to compensate for the spicy chicken wings I'd had Sunday night at McMenamin's.  I wan't that crazy about those wings and wanted wings I am crazy about.  And, I added a new element:  Italian Ciabatta cut into smallish pieces, buttered, sprinkled with garlic powder, and put under the broiler.  Not only was this garlic bread great on its own, it somehow went really well with the Hot Wings. 

No comments: