Monday, September 5, 2011

Three Beautiful Things 09/95/11: Troxstar Daily Double, Perfect Greek Salad, InnerTubing

1.  The Troxstar and I hit the daily double today.  We went to St. Mary's for the 11:00 service and went across the street and east about a block or so and drank a couple of very fresh local ales at Sixteen Tons.  I enjoyed a glass of New Belgium Lips of Faith Clutch and a pint of Portland-u-Brew Say What?!? Saison.  I don't talk beer talk.  I can only say both beers were refreshing, unusual (in a good way), and remarkably fun to drink.

2.  I bought feta cheese, four fat fresh tomatoes, cucumber, green and red bell peppers, red onion, Kalamata olives, parsley, pita bread, and six domas at the Kiva and came home and made the Deke and me a Greek salad with a side of domas and pita bread.  Deke summed up our dinner about six times:  "Perfect."

3.  I had fun breaking out of my usual World Wide Web habits and read articles about Jerry Lewis, found more photoblogs to admire, and ventured farther and wider than usual on the innertubes.

No comments: