Friday, October 12, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 10/11/12: Photo Writing, Billy Mac's Gab, So Long Emily and Colin (and Hi Kelly!)

1.  Those portraits I took of all my WR 115 students?  Now they are writing an essay about what the surface of the picture reveals than anyone can see and what's in the picture beyond the surface that they know to be true about themselves and the person in that picture.  It's a here's what's true but there's more than meets the eye essay. 

2.  I always like it when a good sized group of friends pop in at Billy Mac's on Thursday evening.  It was different tonight.  Pam, the Deke, and I had a table to ourselves and had a great time talking about the state of the world we live in and what a better place it would be if we were in charge.  Ha!

3.  I popped into Sixteen Tons to help a crowd of youthful beer enthusiasts say good by to Colin and Em.  I figured I'd say good by to them, have a beer or two and head on home.  I figured wrong.  I met some new people, had a bunch of conversations, talked with Emily and Colin and Jesse and just when I had decided it was time to head on home, in walked Kelly and Jason and I couldn't leave and so Kelly and Jason and I grabbed a table and talked and talked and Kelly's fellow Trader Joe's employees dropped by and we had a great time.  I got to see both Colin and Em on my way out the door.....it was a great night and I'll miss those guys...I'm glad they are off to do good things.

No comments: