Friday, October 26, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 10/25/12: Fourth Grade Assistant, Debriefing, Allie's Birthday Pie

1.  The Deke is on the disabled list with a mysterious knee injury -- it just gave out and she is on crutches-- so I not only took her to school today, I was her teaching assistant in the classroom.  I enjoyed reading aloud to the whole class from Cracker! The Best Dog in Vietnam and having a private reading session with Habibatou.  I helped her with her reading of Little House on the Prairie

2.  The Deke and I discussed our day at school at Billy Mac's over a generous hummus plate and a couple of drinks. 

3.  Later at Billy Mac's, our table celebrated Allie's birthday with the arrival of a chocolate cream pie emblazoned with five candles.  Allie was wide-eyed and happy!

No comments: