Thursday, October 25, 2012

Three Beautiful Things 10/24/12: Bank Success, Picture Project, Porketta Surprise

1.  When things work out at the bank, I like it.  I knew they would, but, still, the funds supporting a check I was depositing had to be confirmed and I enjoyed witnessing the newish teller who helped me learn the steps she had to follow to confirm the funds, succeed in following them, and beam when she told me, "It's all good!  The deposit is recorded.  The funds are yours."

2.  I'm going through all my picture folders and files.  They reach back to November 2006!  I am identifying pictures that I think are worthy of printing and to use for other possible projects.  It's a bit tedious, but brings back a lot of memories and reminds me of some pictures I've taken that I really like and have forgotten about.   Here's one of them: 


Ha! I don't know what bemused these guys, but I love this moment and I love that the flag they love so much is in the background. 

3.  That petite porketta I referred to yesterday?  I put it in the crock pot with some leftover cooked chicken, a chopped up sweet onion, mushrooms, chopped zucchini, a chopped sweet potato,  a sectioned honeycrisp apple, and leftover cooked brown rice.  I put some water in the crock pot, turned it on, put on the lid and what resulted was a sweet, mighty tasty pork stew.  The porketta was seasoned by the butcher, but I didn't put any other seasonings in the pot and the sweetness of the pork, the apple, the sweet potato, and the pork combined to make a splendid dinner,  a result not of a recipe, but of my instincts.

No comments: