Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 06/10/14: Done, Kelly, Drinkin' the Whit

1.  I graded about a half a dozen papers.  Several students came by to pick up their folders containing the writing they did this quarter.  Merry and Siskanna and Eileen and Jay came by to say farewell.  I submitted my grades.  I said good-bye to Linda and Susan.  I went to facilities and turned in my last four keys.  My twenty-five years of work at Lane Community College ended.

2.  I dropped the Deke off at the dentist and went to Trader Joe's to pick up some dinner food and hoped I'd see Kelly and I did.  We were able to do a little talking and we hope to have a beer on Sunday.  It was great to see her.

3.  The Troxstar and I wandered into the heart of the Whiteaker neighborhood for some beers.  We started with a beer on the front porch at Sam Bond's Garage, strolled over to Hop Valley for a beer (and saw Steven Gibson!), and returned to Sam Bond's Garage for another beer and the bluegrass jam which was awesome. 

No comments: