Saturday, June 21, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 06/20/14: Naps, Incredible Journey, Sixteen Tons at 516 W. Cameron

1.  I hardly knew what to do today:  no painters, no construction crews, no trips to Goodwill, no meetings with a realtor, no house showings, no sweeping, mopping, or cleaning up, no visits to the title company, no packing:  I didn't have to do one of the things that has so thoroughly occupied my life over the last two and a half months.  So I took naps.  About three or four of them. 

2.  The back door to Mom's garage was open.  So was the main garage door.  So, of course, Maggie took off and I walked hastily down Cameron Avenue looking for her and there she was on the front porch of the house where Buddy and Margaret used to live at the corner of Cameron and Oregon.  I turned my herding skills on Maggie the herding dog and she came back to Mom's, homeward bound, her incredible journey over.

3.  The Deke and I decided to pretend like Mom's deck was Sixteen Tons and I brought home a bomber of Yeti's massive, complex Oak-aged Imperial Stout from Yoke's and we sat in the cool Kellogg evening and had some good conversation and let a lot of time pass without saying a single thing. 

No comments: