Friday, June 27, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 06/26/14: Farewell, Labyrinth, Stir Fry

1.  Sadly, Christy had to head back to Inchelium this morning, but we made plans to get together next week in Spokane.  Mom would like to have some bbq ribs, so Christy and I started doing intense online research to figure out a place to meet and please Mom.

2.  Looking for honey at Yoke's, I felt like the Minotaur in the Labyrinth and I thought I might spend eternity looping up and down the aisles of cake mixes, canned foods, and motor oil.  Mercy prevailed, however, when a Yokes employee saw my dazed and confused look and asked me if he could be of help, directed me to the honey, and released me from the Yoke's maze before I was slain by Theseus.

3.  I got to cook dinner tonight.  I stir fried cross cut steak bits with onion, yellow pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini.  I served it with couscous and the Deke made a superb mess of green beans with bacon and diced yellow onion.  With the sale of our house and getting ready to move and being in Kellogg, it's been quite a while since I've cooked anything and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. 

No comments: