Monday, June 23, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 06/22/14: Basement Water, Gardening, Family Guffaws

1.  Too bad I'm not a plumber.  I could give Mom some help with the water that bubbles out of the floor drain when Mom washes clothes.  I jammed a garden hose down the offending drain, following Mom's directions, but I don't know if it really helped.  I'm hoping Mom will relent and call a plumber.

2.  Mom and I got that little bed by the driveway weeded and I dug out the two dead roses and transplanted a perennial.  No one seems, just yet, to know what kind of flower it is.  When Mom told Christy that it's a blooming perennial, that didn't seem to narrow the field of possibilities all that much.

3.  The Creativity Retreat at Christy's is over.  Christy arrived at Mom's house.  Then Carol arrived at Mom's house -- with Paul, Zoe, Molly, and Cosette.  The living room rang with stories, explanations, smart remarks, and a ton of laughter.  Many family members will remember this evening as the one when I called Mom on her cell phone when we were both in the living room.  Really.  You had to be there.  It was really funny.   But -- honestly -- I can't explain it.

No comments: