Monday, June 16, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 06/15/14: St. Mary's Support, Carpeting Out, Relieving Some Stress BONUS Faceless Portraits

This is my 2700th post at kellogg bloggin'.  I'm happy to say that I've stuck with it.

1.  I enjoyed the support I felt from friends at church as they wished me well and we shared our farewells.  I asked Father Bingham if he would pray over me for safe travels and a successful move at the morning Eucharist on Wednesday.  He will.

2.  Patrick removed the old carpet off the concrete floor in the basement rooms, cut the carpet into manageable pieces, and stored them in garage, opening the way for me to haul them to the dump.

3.  The Deke is doing at least double duty as we get ready to leave, wrapping up the school year and sorting and packing her stuff.  It's stressful and it helped to get out of the house and relax at Sixteen Tons for a while.  I enjoyed a couple of  12 oz. Woodchuck Amber Ciders and then really enjoyed a half pint of Hopworks' Kentucky Christmas, a Strong Ale aged in freshly emptied Kentucky Bourbon barrels.  It's kind of sweet, has a hoppy bite, and I liked the little whiskey burn at the end.

BONUS:  I love taking faceless portraits and here a few that I posted on Facebook and tumblr today:








No comments: