Sunday, July 3, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/02/16: Double T Bacon and Eggs, Strolling Annapolis, Getting Ready to Go

Let me get started by telling you that I don't know exactly when I'll be back online after this morning. My guess is that I'll be able to update my 3BTs on Tuesday, but maybe not until Wednesday. Sometimes when circumstances leave me without computer access and I don't post, some of my friends write me with concern and check in to make sure I'm okay.  So, there's no need for concern. I'll be back later once I get settled in and get things sorted out in Kellogg.


1. After a coffee at home, I started my day by climbing into the Sube and jetting over to Annapolis, the capital city of Maryland.  As I neared Annapolis, the traffic was backed up with all the people several miles ahead going through the toll station and crossing the Bay Bridge, but after about twenty minutes of crawling, I got off of Route 50 and popped into the Double T Diner for a quick breakfast of coffee, bacon, eggs, home fries, and English muffin. It was just what I wanted. Straight ahead, quick food and snappy efficient service in a diner atmosphere.

2. I parked near the corner of St. Mary's and Compromise and strolled up and down different street in Annapolis, checking out St. John's College and the Maryland State House and eventually walking near the docks and I gawked a bit at boats. It was a warm morning. The humidity was low. A lot of other people were out strolling, walking dogs, jogging, and generally soaking up this gorgeous morning.  I was working on our latest Sibling Photo Assignment, looking for pictures to take of flags, bunting, and other items that were red, white, and blue. If you'd like to see the pictures I posted from Ellicott City and Annapolis, just go here. If you scroll to the bottom of this post, you'll find my favorite picture of this little project.  Mainly, I like the fact that it includes the reflection of a U.S.A. flag that was flying across the street.

3. I returned to Greenbelt and spent the rest of the day doing this and that to get ready for my Sunday flight to Chicago and then my Tuesday flight to Spokane:  I did some laundry, got a haircut, got about 85 per cent of my packing done, etc. etc. I also got to cancel my car rental reservation because it turns out that Bill Diedrich will be picking me up at Midway Airport and Brian will be taking Adrienne, Jack, the Deke and me back to the airport on Tuesday.  This was very welcome news.

Here's that picture.  It's no great shakes, I know, but, still, it was my favorite:


No comments: