Sunday, July 24, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/23/16: Remembering the Kopper Keg, Chef Christy, *CSI:Miami*

1.  It was a slow day here at Mom's and so I took some time to complete the latest Sibling Assignment by writing about the good times I had at the Kopper Keg in Kellogg over forty years ago and also wrote about all the stuff I never did, about what a cautious and tame guy I was, leading me to think sometimes that I'm not really a true North Idahoan the way so many of my friends are -- friends who can regale me for hours with stories of the wild stuff they used to do.  You can read my post, here.

2.  Christy prepared an awesome dinner and she and Everett walked it through the back yard gate over to Mom's deck.  Christy cooked up juicy pork chops, made a creative rice dish, assembled a very tasty cole slaw, and warmed up a chewy baguette.  She topped off this little feast with a strawberry cake served with Tillamook strawberry ice cream. All I did was cook up some broccoli.  The evening air was perfectly comfortable, making our dinner even more enjoyable.

3.  I don't know if CSI: Miami, with its fashion magazine looking characters and its forensic work being done in a setting that looks like a space ship and its whooshy production values is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but I sure get a kick out of it. I especially find myself laughing out loud at the world-weary, melodramatic, laconic Lieutenant Horatio Caine and his sideways body language, cheesy one-liners, and strategic removing of his sunglasses. I watched a couple episodes tonight and marveled at the beautiful people, the bright tropical colors, and the outlandish story lines and enjoyed having some laughs -- hoping I was laughing with the show, not at it!

No comments: