Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/25/16: Farewell, Breakfast in CdA, Mom Overcomes Fatigue

1.  I woke up this morning on the ninth floor of the Red Lion at the Park and gazed nostalgically at Riverfront Park and other Spokane landmarks and bridges before getting cleaned up and sadly driving the Deke to the Spokane International Airport and watched her disappear pulling her suitcase toward the checkout counter. Now my decision looms: when do I return to the Old Line State?

2.  On my way back to Kellogg, I stopped in Breakfast Town (my nickname for Coeur d'Alene) at the Breakfast Nook and relished the three plump sausage links, a couple of eggs over medium, crispy hash browns, sourdough toast and several cups of solid diner coffee I ordered.

3.  I didn't get a chance at dinner to ask Christy what went into the way she combined leftover cabbage and pork chops into the delicious, kimchi-like dish we had tonight in hers and Everett's back yard. I loved it. I was also happy that Mom made it over to Christy's. Mom had had a very tired day. She was feeling the fatigue of having gone to see The Music Man in Coeur d'Alene on Sunday. At about four in the afternoon, after nodding off and waking herself up in her chair all day, she submitted to her fatigue and took a nap in her room, something she does only very rarely. I think that nap did her a ton of good, helping her rally not only to go to dinner, but to make a tour with me of her tomatoes, green beans, carrots, zucchini, and other garden delights.

No comments: