Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/19/16: Joni at Fred Meyer, Mixed Day for Mom, Southern Indiana Cuisine

1. After I cut and cleaned some lettuce in Mom's garden, helped her organize her bedroom closet, loaded up some stuff for the Salvation Army, and threw some other stuff in the garbage, the Deke and I drove to Coeur d'Alene to do a little shopping at Fred Meyer and I heard a voice called out, "Hey, Mr. Woolum!" and there was Joni! What a surprise! We had a nice conversation and secured some plans to get friends together for a party in August.

2.  It was a good day socially for Mom. Sue Kerns visited her in the morning and later in the day my cousin, Lura, and her husband, Lyle, arrived for a visit.  Unfortunately, Mom wasn't feeling well after a second night of lousy sleep and a sore throat, so when it came time to have dinner outside over at Christy and Everett's, Mom stayed inside.

3.  I enjoyed cooking for our dinner with Lura and Lyle. I made wilted lettuce for the first time ever and I fixed a mess of green beans and bacon and both contributions went over well.  This pleased me greatly.

No comments: