Sunday, July 10, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 07/07/16: New Phones, Capone's Bliss, Happy Birthday Party

1.  The Deke and I had a fun visit to the Verizon store and walked out with new phones and a tablet!

2.  After our major purchase at Verizon and some errands at Fred Meyer and the knitting store, the Deke and I relaxed at Capone's and enjoyed sandwiches and let Mike, our server, introduce us to Elysian's Space Dust IPA and Terminal Gravity's Cross Eyed Cricket IPA.  We each pint in the middle of the table and each drank from both of them, enjoying every drop.  We loved being at Capone's.  For some reason, its lack of shininess and well-worn interior reminds me of joints I used to go to forty years ago in Coeur d'Alene and Spokane -- even though I can't name any of them that Capone's reminds me of!

3. Carol and Everett have a mutual birthday on July 3rd, and since the Deke and I were not in Kellogg just yet when that esteemed day arrived, tonight our family celebrated belatedly and Christy grilled a Cajun shrimp-sausage-potato-broken corn cobs medley which we all loved with Jane's cole slaw and Christy's green peppery monkey bread. It was a fantastic meal, topped off with cinnamon mocha brownies a la mode.

No comments: