Thursday, April 5, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 04/05/07: Comedy, Chip, Hangover

1. I haven't taught Literature of Comedy for about five years and what a pleasure it was tonight to see the surprise on my new students' faces when they learned this was a course in love, community, family, healing, vitality, goodness, flexibility, reconciliation and not gags and goofiness.

2. I had a nice lunch with some of the students from the theater program, some of whom I hadn't seen since Othello.

3. Sitting in the back of the room, hungover, asleep off and on during class, Adam came to life and told the class valuable facts about Andrew Carnegie as we discussed "Gospel of Wealth".

1 comment:

Mommy Dearest said...

Ah, the joys of a college day hangover. I wish my lecturers were half as inspiring as you!