Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 04/10/07: Trader Joe's, Scuffle, 10,000 Black Men Named George

1. My student K-Doe works at Trader Joe's and in a paper about her work she reported that certain Trader Joe customers exist who come in looking for certain foods and when they discover the food product is unavailable, they cry. I wrote her a disbelieving email about this, asking who would cry if gluten free low sodium wild salmon frozen marinara lightly salted free range cinnamon two buck chuck cabernet baguette vanilla soy Fat Tire Guatamalan grain-fed almonds have been discontinued at Trader Joe's?

2. I was grateful for police when they arrived to break up a teen age altercation while I was out walking Snug. I guy was flipping out, yelling at a girl to get out of his car and she wouldn't budge. I didn't see any physical violence, but the verbal abuse was ugly.

3. I have seen "10,000 Blace Men Named George" about five times now and I enjoy it more each time. It moves me. It's low budget. It has some cheezy moments. I don't care. It's a moving account of the unionizing of the Pullman porters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to find that movie so I can watch it again. I really enjoyed it and have been thinking about it a lot. It brings out the fighter in me- not violence but the other kind. i like that, it is inspiring.

I would also really like Cassidy to see it. I think it would be good for him to think about..