Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 04/24/07: Jethro Tull, MLB, Reunion Approaching

1. Top Tracks on XM Satellite radio played song after song that I loved to hear tonight, ranging from "Locomotive Breath" to "I Need a Lover (Who Won't Drive Me Crazy)"

2. Listening to Major League Baseball on XM Radio while grading papers. I care somewhat who is playing, but just the sound of the announcer and the background sound of the crowd humming and bat cracking and the slow pace of play is relaxing. Tonight I heard the Red Sox and Cubs lose, which I didn't like, but the sound of it happening was deeply satisfying.

3. Imagining 35 year reunion, trying to imagine how it will be to see Kellogg High School graduate from the Classes of 1970-'73, a large number of whom I had, and I'm sure will have, high regard for. I keep trying to imagine what people will look like and look forward to talking about how things are going and sharing stories about how things used to be.

No comments: