Thursday, April 26, 2007

Three Beautiful Things 04/25/07: Charlie Steiner, Colonel Cathart, King Lear

1. Listening to Charlie Steiner call the play-by-play of the Giants-Dodgers game on the radio.

2. The psychopathic worry of Colonel Cathart that feathers in his cap will turn into black eyes.

3. King Lear's moment of recognition as he shivers and suffers on the heath, suddenly thinking, for the first time, of the homeless and hungry who were once his subjects and realizing that "I have ta'en /Too little care of this."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Snug Man!!!

I just wanted to say how much your post on the workings of baseball aligning with the comedies of the Bard, resonated with me. Very cool. I just watched The Verdict with Paul Newman and BBC Othello with Hoskins and Hopkins..oddly moving. Still waiting on my reading list. Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Roderigo