Saturday, October 5, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/03/13: Horizons Broadened?, Good Bus Chat, Carol at Billy Mac's

1.  I had a great time in class today explaining some stuff and then reading over my article, "On Being a Liberal Arts Teacher" with my students, hoping it will add to their thinking about their education and its purposes.

2.  I had a great talk on the bus with a student who was in my Intro to Drama class in spring term, 2012.  It was great to hear about her internship with the adult choir at Central Pres. and to listen to her aspirations to be a middle school math teacher one day.

3.  We continued to introduce sister Carol to our little life here in Eugene by taking her to Billy Mac's and it worked.  We ran into Lynn, Pam, Kathleen, and Kate, so Carol met some of my fellow teachers.  Derrick mixed Carol and me awesome margaritas.  The Deke, Carol, and I all order blackened ahi tacos and they were really really good.  So far, I think Carol approves of our eating and drinking life in Eugene!

No comments: