Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/14/13: Glitch at Costco Works Out Fine, Glitch at Amazon Works Out Fine, Beer Glitches Work Out Fine

1.  Over the past ten days or so, I've been suffering from a lack of focus and while nothing has gone terribly wrong, I've had more flub ups than usual in my schoolwork, tasks around the house, and other places.  My focus in the moment seems to be about 81.5%.  Today I took the portraits I took of my WR 115 students to Costco and it took me much longer than usual to get things right at the machine where I place my order.  As a result, I was out there about an hour longer than I had planned.  As with all the other flubs over the past ten days, everything eventually worked out fine, but I hope before long I can relieve my mind of whatever I'm finding so distracting.

2.  In this same vein, I preordered the book Humans of New York back in April as a birthday gift for sister Carol.  Over the weekend I learned the order had been denied because I no longer used the Visa card I made the order with.  No problem.  But then it took me over an hour to finally complete the order, including a talk on the phone with Andy at Amazon Canada.  He was very helpful, and I'm glad the order, in time, got completed, but having these little, barely consequential things, go awry eats up a lot of time in a day. 

3.  I picked up the Deke from work and we stopped off at Sixteen Tons South for a pint and a half of beer.  We had a great talk about where things are headed in our life together, but in keeping with my distracted self, every time I went to the counter to order another half pint, I got the order wrong and the very patient man running the taps remembered what we'd been drinking and corrected me.  All's well that ends well, I suppose, but I'd sure like my concentration back. 

No comments: