Sunday, October 20, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/19/13: Perfect Morning for Fall Garden Clean Up, Perfect Photo Day, Perfect Timing at Billy Mac's

1.  My flowers needed deadheading, some annuals needed to be yanked out of the ground, and the garden hoses needed to be stored and so I took some time on this glorious cool cloudless morning to work in the yard and began to chart in my mind other tasks to work on over the next several days or weeks.

2.  Russell and I strolled along the Willamette River on our picture taking walk today.  I enjoyed seeing heron again, seeing the autumn colors reflected in the Delta Ponds, and the all the activity on the river path:  bicyclists, skateboarders, lovers, families, others walking, some taking pictures, all entranced by this perfect autumn day.



3.  I hesitated at first, thinking the joint might be crowded with Duck fans coming early for the 7:30 game, to watch it on t.v.  But, we went to Billy Mac's and it was not busy at all and the Deke and I enjoyed some drinks.  I had a great slice of prime rib (meat tastes really good when I don't have it often) with rolls and perfectly prepared vegetables and rice pilaf.  The Deke and I had some first-rate conversation and as we finished and prepared to leave, the Duck fans were rolling in and the joint was starting to get noisy.  Our timing was perfect.

No comments: