Saturday, October 5, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 09/30/13: Ready, Flesh is Weak, Awesome Salad

1.  I finally buckled down and worked on getting things ready for school tomorrow.  It all looks good and I'm looking forward to being back with students in the classroom.

2.  I watched more episodes of Boardwalk Empire.  So far I'm not much interested in the Margaret/Nucky relationship, but other parts of the story have me hooked.  I've never seen anything on a television show (or in a movie) like the self-flagellation Agent Nelson Van Alden administers while gazing upon a picture of Margaret when she was sixteen, a picture he has secured by requesting her immigration file.  The self-flagellation was a nearly perfect portrayal of this straight arrow, Bible quoting law enforcer trying to keep his lust repressed and punishing himself with physical violence for his failure.  His spirit is willing.  His flesh is weak.  And scarred with welts.

3.  The Deke combined all kinds of leafy stuff and the quinoa I prepared into a bowl and mixed in a Dijon mustard dressing of her own invention and we ate this awesome salad for dinner. 

No comments: