Friday, October 25, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/24/13: Rested Grading, Afternoon Kolsch, Perfect Billy Mac's Dinner

1.  The Deke, tired as she is, cheerily agreed to give me a ride to work at 7 this morning so I could finish grading papers before my classes met at 10 and 12.  It worked out perfectly.  I finished the grading when my mind and mood are at their best and finished my work in the quiet privacy of the work space I have in Russell's office. 

2.  I decided to ride the UO bus from LCC, get off at Patterson, have a pint at 16 Tons, and then give myself a good walk home.  The beer was a kolsch from Claim 52 brewed with blueberry tea.  Kolsch is one of my favorite styles of beer.  I enjoyed how light and pleasing this pint was and the blueberry taste was very subtle, very pleasing.

3.  Once home, I was really hungry and so the Deke and I went to Billy Mac's early, earlier than our friends would be coming.  I loved having blackened Ahi tacos with margaritas and then Michael and Pam came in and we got to talk with them, too.  Billy Mac's was getting really, really busy as we finished up, so we got to enjoy a quiet time eating our dinner and left at just the right time.  It was a perfect dinner out. 

No comments: