Thursday, October 17, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/16/13: Gorgeous Day for Pictures, Failed with a Street Kid, Bulgar Salad

1.  Today was a classically gorgeous autumn day:  no clouds, chilled air, plenty of shadows and light, and vividly coloring leaves.  I walked around the neighborhood and strolled downtown and took pictures.

2.  I sat on a picnic table outside Sizzle and a street kid chatted me up and I asked him he wanted me to take his picture.  He said he did and told me about the colorful garments he was wearing and he struck a few silly poses.  I couldn't get things right, however, with the light (my inexperience showing) and the pictures were lousy.  Otherwise, I'd post them.

3.  I made a bunch of bulgar and seasoned chick peas with cumin and fried up some tofu with Greek seasoning and mixed up the bulgar and chick peas and tofu with tomatoes, celery, garlic, red pepper, juice squeezed from a lemon, olive oil, celantro, and kalamata olives and fixed a salad.  The Deke said it was my best ever.  It's good for the kidneys, too. 

No comments: