Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/13/13: Editing Pictures and Pleasing Some Friends, Chick Pea Tabbouleh Rice Salad, Brandy is Dandy

1.  I spent a lot of time editing pictures from the zombie flash mob "Thriller" performance at St. Vincent de Paul's in north Eugene and from the Masonic Cemetery in south Eugene.  I really enjoyed the fact that so many were good pictures and others enjoyed them and took the time to tell me so.  I was really happy that some friends (many of them from Kellogg!) liked this one:


I wanted to portray the blend of dying and living trees in the foreground with a blur of color from the leaves in the neighborhood below.  That several people liked this shot made me very happy.
2.  While I worked on pictures, I also made a variation on the tabbouleh rice salad we enjoy so much.  I combined brown rice and freshly cooked chick peas with cucumber, tomatoes, feta cheese, garlic, olive oil, and a lot of celantro.  I forgot the lemon juice, which was dumb of me, and I didn't have almonds on hand.  Even with those things absent, the Deke and I gobbled up this salad in no time and really enjoyed the addition of the chick peas.

3.  It's sure nice to always have a bottle of brandy in the house and mix it with some white creme de menthe or just drink it alone over ice. 

No comments: