Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/07/13: Friendly Lab Work, Cinnamon Bliss, Stir Fry for Dinner

1.  I have lab work done about every three to four months at the OMG lab and today the woman who drew my blood acted more familiar with me:  she said my name when she called it kind of like we were friends and she was friendly as she asked me spell my name and give my birthdate in a way that was a little warmer than professional.  I guess I shouldn't be too happy that the reason she is familiar with me is that I go there pretty often, but, all the same, I enjoyed her friendliness and it made the visit to the phlebotomist more pleasant than usual.

2.  I broke my fast with a cinnamon roll wad the size of my head made in a cupcake wrapper at the cafe at the clinic and enjoyed a 16 oz coffee.  I'm laying off this kind of food for the most part, but I justified it by telling myself I hadn't eaten for twelve hours and that I'd like some food that is sweet and pleasant, but not that nutritious.  

3.  I put the gingery peanut sauce I made yesterday to good use as the Deke and I topped an onion, tofu,broccoli, mushroom, sugar snap pea, zucchini stir fry served with brown rice fried in sesame oil with the sauce. 

No comments: