Monday, October 21, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/20/13: Saturday in the Park and on the River, True Value Blender, Pumpkin Beer and Chicken Soup

1.  I had taken about a hundred pictures yesterday when Russell and I strolled on the east bank of the Willamette River to Delta Ponds and back to Maurie Jacobs Park.  I sorted through them, edited them, posted certain ones, deleted others, and enjoyed having time to work with my pictures and share them with others.  One former student asked if she could use this picture as her desktop picture.  I enjoyed that request a lot, especially because it came from someone I deeply admire:



2.  Every once in a while I buy something I want.  I don't do this very often.  But I've been wanting to do some things in the kitchen that would go better with a blender, so I stopped in at Eugene's True Value and bought a simple blender.  Because I don't buy things for myself very often, when I do, it's really fun.  And, as a bonus, a wonderful student of mine from several years ago works at True Value and was my checker today.  I always enjoy seeing her.

3.  The Deke and I decided to try out some of the pumpkin beer on tap at the Bier Stein. It was fun and we both liked Elysian's Dark o' the Moon best.  Then we went to the Pour House for a bowl of chicken noodle soup.  It was my first bowl ever at the Pour House and I loved it.  Its slightly smoky taste made it unlike any chicken noodle soup I'd ever tasted. 

No comments: