Saturday, October 5, 2013

Three Beautiful Things 10/02/13: Melted Cup Clean Up, Carol to Eugene, Carol Gets to Eat at Cornucopia

1.  I melted a plastic measuring cup on the glass surface of our stovetop, right above a burner.  Glade is a better air freshener.  I got some of the melted plastic, which was kind of like melted Velveeta cheese, removed on Monday and gave my efforts a rest until today when I got the rest of the maroon mess warmed up and wiped off.  Ha!  Should I be so happy to complete such a mundane taske?  Is removing melted plastic from a stovetop really a beautiful thing?!

2.  I drove to Portland, parked in the basement of a fancy building a block away from where sister Carol had a Gear-Up conference, and met her and we had an easy drive back to Eugene.

3.  The Deke and started introducing Carol to our little world in Eugene by taking her to Cornucopia where Carol enjoyed a buffalo chicken salad and some hard apple cider got to begin to understand why the Deke and I like to meet there some afternoons for a happy hour drink and sometimes a bite to eat. 

No comments: