Monday, May 5, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/04/14: Cassie's Mirror, Piano Gone, Back to the Sour/Wild Ales

1.  I forgot all about the heavy mirror that was delivered to our house about fifteen years ago that belonged to Cassie, the Deke's grandmother.  We had put it in the storage area above the garage door and while I was clearing that area out, I discovered it.  I have no idea, right now, what we'll do with it. 

2.  The movers arrived around 11 o'clock and hauled the piano away.  Ah!  That completes another huge part of our move. 

3.  The Deke and I ended our day of a dump run, hardware run, Goodwill run, sorting, clearing out space, garage cleaning, and piano moving with a relaxing few beers at Sixteen Tons.  Many sour/wild ales were on tap after Saturday's Wild Ale Fest, and I enjoyed three of them:  Block 15's tart and tasty Ferme de Démons, the sublime Russian River Consecration, and I ended with one of my very favorites, the slightly sweet, but tantalizingly tart Unibroue Éphémère Cherry.  The Deke enjoyed the beer brewed especially for 16 Tons' 4th Anniversary, A Saison in Hell.  We had fun talking with Thomas and Mike sat with us for a half pint and we left refreshed after a day of steady work and the fatigue that comes with uncertainty when preparing a house to sell. 

No comments: