Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/20/14: House Sale Details, Taking Portraits, Sixteen Tons Wind Down

1.  I spent some of today getting details finalized with the contractor for the work the buyers stated they wanted done on our house.  The work will get done next week and, as far as I can tell, we are still on track to close this deal at the beginning of June.  I'm sure glad I'm only teaching one section this quarter and that I have so much time to attend to these house sale details.

2.  If you've followed this blog at all over the last two school years, you know that each quarter I take pictures of all my students at the locations of their choice on campus.  Today, I took those pictures, meeting students all over the place, and I had tutoring sessions with two of these students to help them get caught up in class after they'd missed class because of medical problems.  I enjoyed taking the pictures, although I wish it had been a cloudy day so that I wasn't dealing with harsh light some of the time.  Most of all, I enjoyed some time just to shoot the breeze and have a few laughs with my students.  I enjoyed getting to know them a little better.

3.  The Deke had a demanding day at school today.  We went to Sixteen Tons to wind down and it took a little more Goose Island the Illinois Imperial IPA than usual for her to get the day out of her system and relax.  But she did.  I enjoyed some Portland Cider Company Sorta Sweet hard apple cider and then decided to close out our session with a half pint of the always awesome BFM Bon Chien sour ale.  It was fun gabbing with Jay and Sherie (sp?) at their table.  My doing so gave the Deke some time alone with her IPA, time to slowly get the day out of her system.  It turned out that our visit to 16 Tons was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments: