Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/27/14: Go, Yak, Sleep

1.  All good things must end.  Bill, Diane, and I ended our get together in La Push with cups of steaming coffee and we squeezed in one last wonderful conversation.  I suppose we still have to learn to say goodbye.  Being such good friends is a comfort.  We tackled many hard questions.  But, alas, we had to go.

2.  The drive from La Push to Eugene was long for me and required me to nap at a rest area north of Longview.  I wondered if maybe the yak sausage and eggs and hash brown I ate in Aberdeen made me drowsy.

3.  The Deke was at Sixteen Tons when I arrived in Eugene and joined her and enjoyed learning what she'd done in my absence and then we went to Billy Mac's for dinner and I was so tired from driving all day and from the sweet exhaustion of having enjoyed myself so much that the best feeling of the evening came when my I rested my head on my pillow and fell into a deep sleep.

No comments: