Friday, May 16, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/15/14: Walking, Helles Lager, Thursday PubGab Again

1.  I walked to the transit station and decided I didn't want to board a bus quite as early as I arrived there so I walked another ten blocks or so to Hiron's, where I submitted a medicine refill order and strolled back outside to catch the bus to LCC.  I'm enjoying my toes and heel not hurting so that I can walk a lot more, which helps me feel better and sleep better.

2.  After a relaxing session of WR 115 with some pretty good instruction and a bunch of relaxed interactions with individual students, punctuated (see what I just did!) by some good laughter, I rode the bus to Hiron's to pick up my medicine and then stopped in the Bier Stein for a half a Cuban, a cup of beer cheese soup, and a pint of New Belgium Helles Lager.  New Belgium just released it and it's really tasty, especially for a lager lover like me. 

3.  After lunch at the Bier Stein, I joined Cliff, Jeff, John, Don, Dick, Elliott, and Alex for wide-ranging conversation and some drinks at Sixteen Tons.  I've been distracted, mostly by house business, over the last three weeks and haven't been able to go to this every Thursday get together, so it was fun to gab for a couple of hours and enjoy a rare (and slightly spendy) treat:  a couple half pints of Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien wild/sour ale from Switzerland.  Kegs of Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes Abbaye De Saint Bon Chien are expensive, so Sixteen Tons only carries it once or twice a year, so I'm very happy that I've been able to enjoy some of it before it disappears.  I learned a lot from today's table talk about I-Phone picture taking, Breaking Bad, and a bunch of other stuff.


No comments: