Friday, May 9, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/08/14: Dry Basement, Reverend Nat's Sacrilege Sour Cherry Cider, Soup and Pinot Noir

1.  The buyers' house inspector was here for nearly five hours today.  When I talked to him at 2:00, when I arrived to take the dogs out of the house, he said things looked good.  I was especially happy that he reported that the basement was dry.  I knew it was after the work we had done over two years ago, but it was still good to hear. 

2.  Thomas was overseeing an Italian wine tasting at the 16 Tons Cafe and after the Deke and I got back in our house around 5:15 or so, we went to the cafe and sampled the three Italian wines.  They were awesome.  I wish I had written their names down.  As much as I enjoyed those wines, I decided to go a different route and, for the first time ever, I ordered cider. It was magnificent.  Oh my.  Reverend Nat's Sacrilege Sour Cherry gave me great pleasure.

3.  The Deke and I decided to enjoy some soup, so I strolled over to Market of Choice and bought two bowls of soup:  first, a Hungarian Cream of Mushroom and, second, Sweet Potato and Five Spice Bisque.  Heavenly.  I really enjoyed how it tasted with a glass of King Estate Acrobat Pinot Noir.  It was a very relaxing little party for me and the Deke.

No comments: