Friday, May 30, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/29/14: Repairs, Reuben, Pub Club

1.  The repair work is done.  Is there anything else that needs to be done before closing the sale on our house?  I can't think of it.....

2.  I rode the bus to the the U of O, just for a change and then I walked to The Cannery.  The people who took over this spot after it was the Bier Stein for many years did a great job freshening it up with an excellent remodel.  I'd heard theirs was the best Reuben in town so I gave it a try and I thought it was solid, really solid, but I like the Pour House's corned beef and pastrami better.  I enjoyed sitting in The Cannery, listening to the music over the sound system, relaxing, and admiring Kelley's friendly and attentive, but not overbearing, service.  I always enjoy an imperial pint of Deschute's Fresh Squeezed IPA.  Today was no exception.

3.  I thoroughly enjoy being a part of the regular get together among several guys every Thursday afternoon at 16 Tons.  I'll consider myself very fortunate if I stumble upon another such pub club after we move.  Today, we had a great time talking about a wide range of stuff, getting some good laughs, and enjoying fine ciders and beers. 

No comments: