Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three Beautiful Things 05/24/14: Lawn Mowed, Drive to La Push, Open Arms and Pantry

1.  Since I couldn't secure the rental car until 9:00 a.m., I decided it would be prudent to mow the lawn before I left for La Push.  I got it done.

2.  The drive to La Push was long and I think I made it longer my driving on the east side of the Highway 101 loop, from Shelton to Port Angeles and around Lake Crescent.  No problem.  I wanted to see this bit of Washington State and taking more time was worth it.

3.  Bill and Diane welcomed with open arms and with an open pantry!  They had a wonderful dinner ready for me:  salad and chicken with Italian sauce.  In addition, Bill had bought Fish Tale Organic IPA and later in the evening, we enjoyed some eighteen year old single malt whiskey.  My! Oh, my!  Great friends.  Great conversation. Great food.  Good drinks.  What a perfect reward for the long drive to La Push. 

No comments: