Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Three Beautiful Things 12/27/16: Blood Draw, Hour in the Pool, Birthday Dinner

1. I went down to Labcorp and got my birthday celebration underway with a blood draw -- no other patients were there, so I got right in and out.

2. A little while later it was time to go to the pool where I spent a solid hour jogging in place, cross country skiing, stretching, and doing other exercises and ended my session with a ten minute soak in the hot tub.

3. My hope, when I sat down at the bar the Old Line Bistro, was that the Grapeness Imperial IPA would still be on tap and it was I enjoyed a pint of its juiciness. For my birthday dinner, I enjoyed an order of fish and chips with a glass of Pinot Grigio and closed out the night with a cognac paired with 3 Stars Brewing's sweet, chocolate-y, and milky Starsky and Dutch Imperial Stout, a perfect dessert beer.

No comments: