Sunday, August 10, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 08/10/08: Adrienne's Back, XM Golf, Wedding Bells Soon

1. The Deke's daughter Adrienne is in town again and it always lifts my spirits to have her at the house. She's funny, fascinating, and forthright. She's also very intelligent, perceptive, and insightful. She livens up our lives a lot.

2. I enjoyed listening to the PGA Championship on XM radio. I've probably written this about 100 times on this blog, but here's 101: I'm amazed by how much I enjoy listening to a golf tournament on the radio. (I also like listening to auto races on the radio.)

3. Adrienne's husband's brother Mark and his wife Carissa married each other recently. Getting married before their public ceremony helped with paperwork with the Navy for their housing. Their public ceremony is Friday. I met Carissa today at a get together at Mary's, Adrienne's mother-in-law and the Deke's close friend. It was fun seeing everyone and starting to feel the excitement that comes with the week leading up to a wedding ceremony.

No comments: