Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Three Beautiful Things 08/12/08: Fruity Downtown, Hark the Herald Angel Pasta Sings, Fore!

1. Downtown's Tuesday Farmer's Market sweetened my day: not the sight, but the smell of blueberries, strawberries, blackberries and other locally grown fruits. I bought six tomatoes.

2. Angel hair, fresh tomatoes, olive oil, lemon, garlic, pepper, fresh grated Parmesan cheese, combined, chilled make a fine summer evening meal. I'm not sure if I left anything out. I know I'd enjoy bleu cheese stuffed or garlic stuffed green olives with this dish, but we didn't have olives with it last night. If you want to give this a try, you are on your own. It's not a recipe dish around this house. It's a free for all.

3. Nathan came over and suggest he and I and the groom, his brother, Mark, play some golf tomorrow. I'm all for it, although I shuddered slightly. I haven't played since November 2005. Should be interesting...and a fun morning out.

1 comment:

Desert Diva said...

I hope the "angel of the nine holes" watches over your golf game tomorrow! ;-)